Tax return

If you intend to work in Australia, your employer will ask for your Tax File Number so that your tax can be recorded and paid to the taxation department on your behalf. When the time comes, either end of financial year (30th of June) or you are departing Australia, you will need to lodge a tax return. A portion of the tax could be refunded to you so it is always beneficial to consult a financial adviser.